Midland Interfaith Hospitality Network (MIHN)
- There are 17 church congregations that support MIHN.
- 15 out of the 17 congregations are referred to as “Host” congregations.
- Each host congregation opens its doors at night and provides each family with their own private room to sleep. Each room has roll away beds for our families to sleep on. In addition, a family style sit down dinner is provided, along with some of the best hospitality in West Texas!
- We can accommodate up to 4 families at one time. (14 people total)
- All of the families stay at the same congregation for a week at a time, only at night from approximately 6:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m.
- During the day, the families come back to our Day Center to get ready for work and/or school.
- Each Sunday, all of the families move to a new congregation to begin another week’s stay.
- The families store their belongings at the Day Center, only carrying overnight necessities to the congregation.
- All adults are required to work or go to school full-time, or a combination of both.
- FREE childcare is provided for very young children, as well as afterschool care for school-aged children.
- Our Day Center acts as “home” for the families when not in school or at work.
- While in the program, the families are required to work with a case manager, moving toward self-sufficiency and independence.
- The length of the program depends upon the need of each family. Typically, families are in the program 2-3 months.
- If interested, please call Nicole Wiseman our case manager at 432-218-7630 to set up an interview.
Please see “Families Forward – A Transitional Housing Program” menu tab for more information regarding this program.